FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Survey: How Effective is the Transportation Security Administration?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:32 am
Section 107

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Until airport workers are subjected to the same level of screening that passengers are the work of TSA has little value.

The air side of the airport are where the vulnerabilities lay.

I know you say this as way of pointing out the perceived and real absurdities of TSA. And I am okay with that (your method) but it would also be nice if you also acknowledge that even your solution is of equally little value unless you also require EVERYTHING (ALL people, ALL vehicles and ALL material) that enters the "sterile" and "secure" areas to be thoroughly nude-o-scoped, x-rayed, swabbed, and then hand-inspected each and every time.

Are you willing to join/force us all in footing the bill (not just actual money but also intrusiveness, inconvenience, etc.) for that kind of security regime?

If you are, then great! You are at least consistent and have the courage of your convictions.

[Keep in mind, though, that your solution is utterly worthless from the outset as it is quite easily defeated miles away from an airport with a Strela or Igla manpad unit that can be had for just a few thousand bucks. I must say I am astounded at how few missile attacks there have been since 2000 on cargo/commercial aviation - none in the West - considering the disorganized environments in the eastern theaters of conflict, how relatively inexpensive the hardware is and how easily concealed the units are].

But if you are not willing to join/force us all to pay for such security that actually has value then you seem to be admitting that coming up with a reasonable security plan requires compromises based on available resources and probable risks - not just identifying possible risks.