FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First Trip in Long Haul F, flying in style on Emirates A380 F, SEA-IAH-DXB-HKG
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:05 am
HGHUA

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Final part: DXB-HKG

So I end up not sleeping a wink, had plenty of work to do. Found a great place to sit in one of the group meeting rooms. TV, privacy, and an internet router right overhead.

As I got close to the boarding time I figured I go grab a little breakfast first in the lounge before boarding so I stopped by the fine dining section again.

Scrambled Eggs. Just ok.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie. Yum

Strangely, as I arrived at the gate no one was there. I checked the board and despite being past boarding time It still had no status. Since the gate remained the same I hung around in the area for about 15 min.

Umm. Where is everyone...

Finally someone came up to board F passengers and myself plus 2 African gentlemen strolled through the upper deck boarding ramp.

Everyone else boarding.

Boarding the plane I noticed this A380 was much older. The suite was older too. Clunkyer (is that a word?) tablet and slightly moved controls.

Fresh squeezed OJ and a cold? towel. I though I heard it wrong but apparently it was. lol. Even the africans gents asked why and got a reply about Dubai serving cold ones as its so hot outside.

Some kinda hook.

Glass of Dom 2003 Rose. Can't say I liked it either. haha.

As I was sitting, I overheard the FA talking to another guy behind me in Chinese. Now my Chinese is not the greatest but I'm pretty sure he upgraded from J with cash as I saw the FA walking down stairs with his credit card. Interestingly enough the FA was ok with him switching with his son about half way through as his son was sitting there when we got off. I think both got meal service. Huh...

Wine Menu for the flight.

Menu for drinks and food:

In the meantime I got a amenity kit. This time different than the first and I really liked this one.

Its a softer leather. Very nice. Same contents.

Also got a female one for my friend who is a FA on CX. Contents slightly different. its more of a satin cloth finish. Still Pretty nice.

As I ate in the lounge I ate later in the flight.

Told them just the garlic bread. haha

Shrimp and Soba. Sooo delicious.

Salmon. Bad choice on my part. Coming from SEA I should have known better. Its a farm raised salmon. Its just not the same...

Dessert choices were kinda limited, but this tart thing was pretty tasty.

Not much else too it. Everything else was the same. Arrived about 20 min late. A massive wave of CX flights must have let off at that time because immigration was a pain. Bags came out fast though.

That all folks. Hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by HGHUA; Aug 25, 2015 at 12:14 am