FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:56 pm
PremExecSNA

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
ic melbourne the rialto

IC Melbourne The Rialto

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely! Note update on Club benefits below. ^

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Deluxe Room on corporate rate and received a very nice junior suite on the 4th floor.

How are the rooms?
Modern and spacious with a very luxurious feel. Bathroom was roomy with both a shower and soaking tub. Standard IC bath products.
Nespresso Coffee Maker with an assortment of pods
Well stocked mini bar with a variety of beverages.

How is the exec. lounge?
Although this was my first stay at the Rialto, I am pleased to report that the new manager really feels strongly about treating RA's like, well, RA's! He has recently instituted Club IC access for RA's staying at the hotel, ending a sore spot for many who have stayed previously.

It has a nicely decorated "clubby feel." Staff were very attentive and took drink orders promptly when I entered the lounge. Breakfast is cooked to order eggs and a limited buffet, and guests also have the option of taking breakfast at the Alluvial Restaurant downstairs. Evening selections include canapes served individually, as well as the usual cheese, salad, and antipasti selections.

The welcome letter clearly states that no children under 12 are to be in the lounge during the evening. ^^ Instead, families are offered vouchers for an appetizer downstairs at the bar.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Nice pool and sauna area with a reasonably stocked fitness center
Hotel is a historic property, yet has a sleek modern look. One of the nicest decor I've recently experienced at an IC property.
Personal greeting from the Assistant Manager upon checkin
Exceptional service from a variety of staff members

Bad:
Nothing.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Absolutely! This is a beautiful property, and I look forward to returning as soon as possible.