FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:51 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
I am planning on making a landside transit during a 12 hour layover at LHR.

I would like to ask if anyone can recall whether the flight connections center in T3 can be accessed from the border control posts?
In T5, they are right next to each other. In other words if the border agent wants a boarding pass before allowing entry, you can get it right there in case you did not get it at the Port of departure
I'm afraid the customer service desks of the airlines are the other side of Flight Connections. So you best use the App or Online Check-in methods, or collect the boarding passes at the departure airport. However the UK Border Force will be happy with a printed itinerary rather than boarding passes, which would be the norm in any case.

It's a different set up to T5, T3 doesn't have Ready To Fly, which is a cast iron system which regulates the whole flying and baggage process of T5, instead T3 uses Positive Boarding, with a much lighter touch. You can go through Flight Connection security without a boarding pass and then collect it in the main hall area, though I can see with that timeframe you are not going to be doing that.