FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:28 am
kitkitsune

Programs: SPG Gold, IHG Priority Club Plat, National Executive
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galveston West-Seawall

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
In no way - stay away from this place. The rooms and overall hotel are absolutely the worst I have experienced at any IHG hotel. The hotel charged more to my card then the rate on the reservation, after switching rooms and still having breathing issues and being unable to stand the smell we left after half an hour there. requested a refund on my non-refundable rate that the manager said will clear in 3-6 business days - we shall see. This place was so bad I have filed complaints with IHG corporate, the Health Board and the State Attourney General's Office. It's not just bad service, it needs to be shut down as a health risk.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked an accesible King (no non accessible king rooms were available), received same with decent water view. Was moved to a ground floor room overlooking some dumpsters with two doubles when first room was refused.

How are the rooms?
Awful would be a compliment. The whole place smelled. The lobby, halls and rooms all smell like mold, mildew and were just generally damp. The elevators smelled like electrical issues and burnt rubber. some quick review searches show others reporting the same and finding evidence the whole place has a black mold issue from previous water damage.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- absolutely nothing

Bad:
- hotel reeks of mold and mildew
- elevators barely working
- air conditioning units barely work

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
For $260 a night after tax during peak season absolutely not, the motels are probably nicer and half the price. The non peak rate is under $100 and I still wouldn't stay here. In fact I wouldn't stay here if they were paying me instead of the reverse.