FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:31 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
That's what I did in DC - it was a museum trip (not American so I was learning rather than explaning) + all the main attractions + the zoo! We were all so fascinated by it - a week there they learned so much compared to a week in school. It was during Cherry Blossom festival and I got the most used of Cat. 4 cert Marriott certs - all the nights were at $249 and up. The kids did the Junior Ranger program there and participate in all kinds of activities when they were there.

It was pretty hard on me (Mr. couldn't take holiday just like that) to take 3 kids to DC, but it was an awesome trip. I drove them to school right after we landed.

The kids' teachers don't even bothering asking us for report - not that they even think that far (I asked if they could join the presentation via video conference and they turned it down - I guess they were just upset that people can just fly off like that). We don't take our kids to just sun sand sea for 2 weeks, we go to places that are educational like NPs in the US, museums, library......

By the way, I don't think it's legal for a school that you can't miss any day off - if they do they will have to provide sufficient support that your kids can't catch up with the curriculum.

Ledighet

18 § En elev i en skolform som avses i 17 § får beviljas
kortare ledighet för enskilda angelägenheter. Om det finns
synnerliga skäl får längre ledighet beviljas.

Rektorn beslutar om ledighet. Rektorn får inte uppdra åt
någon annan att fatta beslut om ledighet som avser längre tid
än tio dagar.
Maybe the curriculum in Stockholm is more intense - here in Lund, the kids are roughly 2 grades more advance than those in local school.

If the offer is available again, I'll do it regardless of what the school is going to say (now that we planned our holiday so that even if this happens we won't be more than the 10 days limit).