FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:44 am
livious

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by nacho
Down here in Lund, our kids don't get much hiccup as long as the total days of absence doesn't exceed 10 days in total as written in the school law, and as long as they are only out for 2 days). If it's more than 2 days then we need the principal to sign the paper which is also not a problem.

The worst we had was in 2014 where we took a week to DC during the SEK 2000 SK sale, on top of all the absence days we planned. We got a email "reminder" for that. From then on we try to find a comparable school, get their calendar and book all the trip up to Easter 2016, so we could get a reasonable price for the exact dates we want.
Taking the kids out of school in Lund was much easier than Stockholm, although are kids are a bit older now and last year was national testing. For whatever reason, the parents in Stockholm seem more inclined to take the kids for a 2 week charter trip during the school year...whereas i. Lund families were travelling in conjunction with the school holidays. As mentioned up-thread, I understand the schools cracking down on 2 week trips to Phuket.

We jumped on thoss 2000SEK fares last year as my wife and son were making status runs (SK and A3). I actually booked them to ORD over the weekend (Leaving Friday, back Monday morning) as my son could not miss school. His teacher was hesitant to let him miss Friday, but he was back at school on Monday informing her that he spent his weekend at the Field Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry). Needless to say she as okay with the trip.

Hopefully SAS does those 2000SEK fares again as I would love to take the kida to DC and bring them up to speed on US history. I imagine that a weekend there eould surpass what thw Swedish school system will teach them (as it is not an area they should teach extensively)