FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:19 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Bali

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Basic club, upgraded to Duplex suite

How are the rooms?
It was fine. A bit dark for my liking but we didn't really spend much time in the room anyway. The main thing is that the bed was comfortable Good size bathroom with separate toilet and shower. Harnn amenities which makes a nice change from the Agraria that IC's usually use. Coffee machine in room as well. Good size balcony with a couple of chairs and footstools if you wanted to sit outside, but the side of the building we were on meant only morning sun not afternoon... which could be a good thing depending on your view point.

How is the exec. lounge?
Lovely. Quite grand. Lovely staff, great service. And you can go for evening drinks at other areas of the hotel rather than just the club lounge.

What was good and what was bad?
Club was fantastic.
Breakfast at 5 locations (including in room)
Evening drinks at 3 locations
I enjoyed the inspiration space as a nice quiet space to get a coffee, and I borrowed a book that I had finished by the time I left. We also got a couple of dvd's to watch but never did. Quite a good selection. Staff in there very helpful at arranging a day trip with the hotel driver.
Spa was great and I thought very well priced
Club pool area was for the most part pleasant and relaxing. A few kids around but mostly well behaved. I would have escalated had it been a problem. Staff always available to help you find a seat.
All the food options in the hotel were excellent and again, I thought well priced for a hotel of this standard. Yes of course it is much dearer than eating down the road, but there's a hell of a lot of difference in your environment!
All of the staff you encountered during the day were friendly and happy.
The grounds are magnificent, so well maintained and we saw them at work on building maintenance most days in a very non obstructive and quiet way.
I've got nothing bad to say! This was the perfect spot to go and relax.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I thought it was good value and we would definitely return if we went to Bali again.