FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account fraud / breach: my account compromised, awards taken, etc.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:49 pm
Flyer_70
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
I have to think, however, that there should be some sort of fail-safe to prevent an interloper in possession of the password changing everything in the account without some sort of call-back or email notification to an alternate email account, or a text to my cell phone (which AA has on file for flight notifications) when wholesale changes are being made to the account. And maybe some kind of flag that alerts somebody regarding big redemptions being made the same day that so many entries in the account profile have been changed. Remember this is CX we're talking about, so somebody had to speak to an AA rep in the process. Twice.
Yeah, at minimum an email stating changes were made. Those are pretty common. It's crazy that there is no fail safe in place.

The other odd thing is that the hacker seems to have pretty good knowledge of the system. A total of four CX awards in F? And they knew they had call it in too.

Here's hoping everything works out for you.