FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG customer support hung up my call
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:42 pm
grgs

I agree it would be helpful to get some additional information from the OP.

FWIW, here's the OP's post from the Sheraton Centre Toronto thread:

this is the worst hotel I ever stayed in SPG properties.
1. booked club floor, but upon checked in, hubby asked for lower floor (he didn't know it was club floor) The front desk didn't remind him about the benefit on club floor with lounge access and free breakfast at all. He has to ask front desk 2nd day if he can get a free breakfast.

2. Upon checked out, the front desk can't find our reservation in the system and cannot tell if the hotel room has been paid or not. It was booked on spg online and secured with my amex. Also provided amex on check in. Received folio few hours before check out time. The front desk even asked hubby to provide proof of the payment! Is this guest's job??

3. I reported this to general manager, and the front desk manager called me back. He did apologized, but I found it very insulted! He offered me free breakfast for next stay at their hotel!!!!! what a joke?! Paid over $300 for the hotel which I could've booked hilton for hubby. We have gold membership with automatically give free breakfast and complementary upgrade if available.

very disappointed. Please just be aware if you are staying here.

I wonder if some of the issue may be a result of the OP thinking that Gold status entitles one to a free breakfast?