FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG customer support hung up my call
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:49 am
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by onlycat
I do like the hotels selections and quality of the beds. However, during my recent stays in Vancouver and Toronto, I have been having problems and issues with the hotel staff, as well as customer support representatives. I have lost my patient to been royal to SPG anymore.

1. Sheraton Centre Toronto front desk insulted me twice, one during check out to ask me show the proof of payment; second, the hotel didn't provide free breakfast first day while I booked and paid for a club lounge. (I requested to downgrade to a lower floor, but didn't ask to downgrade my benefits!)

2. Called customer support at 11:55 am pst and spoke to one of the representative in regards of qualified nights at Sheraton hotels. I noticed she was unpleasant to help me and answer my questions, so that I asked her why. She hang me up immediately.

I am just shocked right now that since when SPG hired those employees and wonder if SPG ever train their staff?
Question? Is English your first language? Based on how you wrote the above, it appears English is not your first language and perhaps the rep/reps did not understand you or you them? Not making any excuses, as i was not present for the interactions, just a question.

Also, how do you view asking for form of payment at checkout "offensive"?