FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:36 am
Gardyloo
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by TlvLove
Thanks again Gardyloo. I never had high hopes for the PHL service but I wonder if the rumors about AA starting to fly MIA to TLV could have some truth to them!
link to Israeli business magazine in Hebrew about US & AA reorganizing in Israel: http://www.themarker.com/news/aviation/1.2272972
With this in mind - and seeing as my upcoming J class trip in OW might be on BA metal - maybe I should try for a BA match? I also hold a"no status" BA Executive Club account.
Cheers.
When AA acquired TWA twenty years ago or whenever, they inherited a big legal dispute between TWA and the Israeli government, so frankly I was surprised that they didn't suspend US's TLV service right away. Too bad.

I'm not aware that BA matches; I rather doubt it. BA recently revised its redemption numbers and - to me at least - is far less attractive than it was. In addition, BA's practice of adding big out-of-pocket surcharges to their award flights is a big disincentive, and like AA and most other airlines, BA require at least 4 flown segments on BA metal annually (in addition to earning enough tier points) in order to requalify.

It does come back to your plans going forward, however. If Oneworld status is going to be a one-and-done thing for you, i.e. you're not going to try to maintain status in the future, then go with the AB match, use the lounges and perks while you can, and call it good in a year.

Last edited by Gardyloo; Aug 22, 2015 at 8:43 am