FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels allowed to classify a "room" as part of their SNA "suite" upgrade?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:47 am
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
I do feel it is misleading to use the term SUITE Award Night and then allow the hotels to include ROOMS in the pool. Should rename it UPGRADE Award Night.

Christina....is there a minimum room standard or room category set by SPG that the hotel can include in the SNA upgrade? Or can they include whatever category they want? (Essentially even just a standard room on a higher floor?)
Pretty much any premium room which a hotel can classify as anything above a standard room. In some hotels the standard rooms with better views can be highly sought after and expensive so SNA's considered worth it to some. I think it is good that hotels give options so people have more choice not less.

While I get what you mean about the description I think the play on words suite / sweet is on purpose and is why they are called what they are. I also think SNA's are pretty clear in what they apply to and in this regard at least there is no hidden agenda or misleading agenda.

Possibly your ambassador should have asked you which rooms / suites you would be happy with. While generally I apply mine myself checking which suite or rooms types I would be happy with the odd time my Ambassador has applied them he has always asked which to select.