FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels allowed to classify a "room" as part of their SNA "suite" upgrade?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:15 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Hotels allowed to classify a "room" as part of their SNA "suite" upgrade?

Background info...we have a reservation at the LeMeridien Ra Beach. I applied an SNA and got confirmation that the SNA was cleared. Called my Ambassador to find out what "suite" the SNA had cleared for (since I couldn't tell on the SPG app since I had booked an award for a higher category room to avoid getting a regular room) and was told it's for a Premium Grand Deluxe.

After checking the hotels website I saw that the Grand Deluxe is actually only a room and not a suite so I inquired again about the upgrade. Was told by the Ambassador that the two categories the SNA applied to at this hotel are the Grand Deluxe and the Prestige Suite. This makes me wonder....are hotels allowed under the T&C to include "rooms" as part of the SNA pool? If so, doesn't it seem strange to call it an SNA? If hotels are indeed allowed to include "rooms" what is to stop them from including even low category rooms in the SNA?