FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:42 am
braffy

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Voluntary change of class was not allowed for some time in the closing stages of USDM unless you did exactly as they suggest - redeposit and rebook the entire itinerary.

While this most commonly came up with pax who might have paid F for the whole ticket, but only had availability in J for one sector at time of booking... I suppose it equally would apply to a requested downgrade.

For a while you could play agent roulette and hope one would make the change without needing to cancel... but by the end it was almost uniform. I tried with four agents in September last year and all of them gave the same line.
This seems to be in contrast to the (unofficial) AA policy, where it is reportedly possible to call in and upgrade to last-minute F inventory. Does anyone know if that policy also includes voluntary downgrading?

Also, does the AA policy even matter in this case, since it is an 037 ticket? Does that mean that the old US policies still apply to my ticket, even now?

Last edited by braffy; Aug 21, 2015 at 2:09 pm Reason: 037