FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - anyone seen the new FA app?
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:14 am
EWR764

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
They're so bad, they've no clue what kinds of criticism FT has since they likely block FT internally.
Nope. For better or worse, FT is widely viewed at Willis. Whether they take a lot of the criticism seriously (insofar as how worked up the forum gets over certain things) is unclear.

We've no clue precisely what info they had before or after so I don't know how we can say they had the what info for what time.
Pax name, status, SSR, 'star', special meal, etc. Elite pax in Y cabin are separated on "noteworthy passenger" list. No birthdays. This information is being given to flight attendants in an effort to provide additional recognition to passengers, with more to come, such as particular preferences, drinks, requests, etc. I believe the app only displays a birthday icon if a customer has a birthday on the same day.

The itinerary information is valuable though. I can't tell you how many times I've been seated near a frantic passenger inquiring to a flight attendant about their connection, and the F/A simply can't offer any actionable assistance. OTOH, on many of those occasions, I've been able to pull out the app and offer directions to a gate, reassure them about making the flight or even assist with rebooking, if necessary... and I'm just a random guy. If a flight attendant is able to discreetly help a customer in the same manner, then that's a great opportunity for the company to build some brand loyalty.

Totally, just imagine the problems, most of which are stated above. The data provided is useful, I have to admit, we do want to be recognized so I suppose this was the lowest cost way to do so. In cybersecurity, most are reactive instead of proactive.
(emphasis added) Not even close. Nothing about this rollout is low-cost, but it is an opportunity to increase revenue with ancillary sales, provide flight attendants with more customer service tools and opportunities to interact with passengers, allow for more rapid reporting of maintenance issues and save (on the long run) in printing/weight from converting to electronic FAOMs.

Last edited by EWR764; Aug 21, 2015 at 8:33 am