FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - anyone seen the new FA app?
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:37 am
Richard Chen

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Lightbulb United Airlines Link app

Originally Posted by riphamilton
the united spokesperson referred to a FT thread to deflect the PII concerns....
They're so bad, they've no clue what kinds of criticism FT has since they likely block FT internally.

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Every airline agent you interact with has had access to the same info for years, decades...
We've no clue precisely what info they had before or after so I don't know how we can say they had the what info for what time.

Originally Posted by schnitzer
This app is called Link. Its not fully developed yet ...
Originally Posted by schnitzer
... It will appear as Bday+1 for birthday tomorrow, Bday for birthday today, and Bday-1 for birthday yesterday ...
Thank you for the detail. The level of privacy & access seems fair.

Originally Posted by tuolumne
... With the company's track record of "training", this should be interesting.
A good app requires no training! Just like a good UI requires no manual.

Originally Posted by physioprof
Well, that raises an interesting issue. Will FAs now be tempted to spend even more time playing with their phones in-flight once they have Internet access?
Totally, just imagine the problems, most of which are stated above. The data provided is useful, I have to admit, we do want to be recognized so I suppose this was the lowest cost way to do so. In cybersecurity, most are reactive instead of proactive.

Originally Posted by NewportGuy
Do you know how easy it is to hack handheld devices? ...
Very easy, just a mere matter of time before we see like how China was inside UA's system for years & UA merely doesn't say anything about it to avoid any PR disaster by eliminating press knowledge. Genius. Yet, dumb in the long run.

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
As with any other thing you don't like about an airline you have a choice in your carriers. @:-)
Originally Posted by zebranz
Some of us do not like to be reminded we survived another year on UA.
+1, not giving UA funds is the best signal of all