FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:04 pm
Schwann

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I am going to ask the question but sway slightly from the template because I couldn't word it properly for my situation. I will try keep it concise as possible.

I have two business class bookings coming up and wondering where I should credit them...

At the moment, the plan was to credit those flights on my BA account. By the end of my HKG trip, I would be on around 1100 tier points, so not far from BA Gold. But my membership year ends in March, and I would not reach Gold due to my next potential J trip being in May.

Is there another OW frequent flyer programme I could credit these flights to that would make me OneWorld Emerald but give me the next year to do so?

LHR is my local OneWorld hub.

I would like to be able to use my miles for redemptions.. mainly just European flights though. Lounge access is important. A soft landing from Emerald to Sapphire would be great. Everything else is less important.

I was considering creating a new BAEC account and having them close my old one, thus giving myself a new membership year. Could this be an option? Obviously I do not wish to jeopardise my account or miles!

Thanks so much for any and all input!