FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:58 pm
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
I just returned from a trip to AMS and also got one of these super tiny rooms. What a disappointment. I had booked a "deluxe" room, paying more than for a standard room, and was told at check-in I had an upgraded room. Great I thought.

My excitement soon ended when I entered the room, barely room for a small bed, and nothing much else. I had to eat room service standing up, as no table.

I didn't even have a floor lamp in the room, it was so dark in the room, I had to work in the bathroom (the only place with any light). Room service was a disgusting microwave meal that has gone sticky and cold. All the fittings in the room are cheap white plastic (looks like a UK Travelodge). Except it costs considerably more. I paid EUR307 for one night, which was a disgrace.

The chair didn't fit the work desk (far too low), and I asked for an adjustable or higher one. I was brought one from somewhere, which had nasty white spots and stains, obvious what they were.

The iron was broken and didn't work, the thermostat didn't work. Actually it was worse than a Travelodge.

The Lounge, as noted, is a waste of space. At 8pm, the coke is locked away, and nothing available apart from water and coffee (no milk).

Breakfast was a zoo and not very nice.

Staff were quite unpleasant.

This is not a premium hotel, the room I has was not fit for business travel use, it is a cheap budget-style hotel in a good location. For Eur100/night it might suit some (although there are much nicer places with character in the town). For EUR300/night, it was a disgrace.
I'm arriving in a few weeks and hope I don't get one of these super tiny rooms! Will be such a shame