FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SAS long haul routes?
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:27 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Do nto agree - the LAX flight is primarily for the ARN crowd, secondarily for the Nordics. The rest of the world can not make the flight.I would have to agree that it is bloddy early to get up. Like with HKG flight I am likely not a customer on this flight - except if they come up with some nice EB offers in December
Come on. The flight from EBL (in West Asia) gets in early enough to make the announced LAX-ARN route.

.... even if passport control takes five minutes per arriving passenger from that flight.

Originally Posted by nacho
+1 I don't gain anything by taking the SK flight vs. any other airline. I have done LX, LH, AF, TK, SK+UA, DL. The earliest is LH - departing at 6am, which is damn hard, especially when you are travelling with kids and they don't sleep during the flight.

I do like the late departure ex-LAX (such as TK and LX, or LH via MUC) because as Tango Alpha said that you could use that day in LA before heading to LAX. Flying at 14:00 means you get up and it's almost time to go to the airport = a whole day wasted.

Maybe the flight is design for people who need to fly into ARN to have meetings at the airport. Mr. Nacho has done that several times - all the Nordic departments meet at ARN instead of the HQ in DT Stockholm.
The flight is designed for leisure trips to California and non-self-loading cargo.