FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delhi/Agra questions for short visit
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:37 am
bnj999

Programs: AS MVP
DevilDawg1960, what did you end up choosing?

We're in a similar situation where we have the same time constraint, so we're thinking of heading to Agra on Saturday morning (either by car or train) and then have the driver take us back to the Delhi airport where we have an Asiana flight in F(!) out through Incheon at 2:30am. Here are a few questions for the more experienced:

- wds17 says that the drive back is 2 hours. Why are most tour companies quoting something like 4.5 hours? Are they building in secret visits to marble factories and such? (I'm inquiring at Indian Panorama, Delhi Magic and Namaste India Tours, which I hear are all reputable).
- Is it really unsafe to travel back on the expressway in the dark? Our flight doesn't leave until 2:30am, and plus we are flying in F, so I expect that there will be a separate check-in line for this. So, wouldn't leaving around 7:30pm from Agra be plenty of time?
- Do people really recommend 3 hours ahead to check-in for international departures at Delhi airport? I saw another thread that said it only takes about 20-40 minutes to go through check-in, security and passport control.

Thanks so much!!