FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:51 am
Gardyloo
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by TlvLove
Seeking advice re best OW program for me, preferably one I can STATUS MATCH from *G

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Reply:
priority services when flying the airline & lounge access
(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
Reply:
>50000 miles, 25 sectors, many long haul with stopovers

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy?
Reply:
Business

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Reply: Yes I can choose most of the time, depending on schedule . Travel for Work & Pleasure

(5) Which routes and airlines do you fly most often?
Reply:
Transatlantic middle east to US west coast, middle east to ASIA, Europe

(6) What is your home airport?
Reply:
TLV

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
Reply:
TK Elite Plus (*G until 2018)

(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
Reply:
TK, LY, UA, OS, LX, AC

Thanks in advance for replies.
As you probably know, the only Oneworld carrier that flies east from TLV is RJ (not a bad airline at all) to Asia via AMM. Otherwise you'd have to backtrack to western Europe in order to fly to Asia.

American and LY have dropped their FF relationship unfortunately; however following its merger with US, AA now flies from TLV to PHL. The ex-US business class product is quite superior, and connecting through PHL is not hard at all.

So I'd be inclined to suggest AA for your Oneworld membership. AA doesn't status match (none of the major OW carriers do) but they have a fast-track challenge procedure that would earn you Platinum (Oneworld Sapphire, equal to *G) in one trip to the USA in business class. Once you're Plat, you'd get 100% mileage bonuses on most Oneworld flights, lounge access (except on domestic US trips not part of international itineraries) and other perks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-platinum.html