FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - anyone seen the new FA app?
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:41 am
schnitzer

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I think birthday would be better listed if you are flying ON your birthday (ie. Together with milestones).

Regarding flight itens you've never been on a flight where they announce connecting flight info? I don't see the problem with giving more/better visibility to FAs. It would be nice if it was real time and could give updates on rebooking/IRROPS issues they could deliver to the pax. When I landed in NRT from SIN connecting to SFO-JFK if I didn't turn my phone on as we landed it would have been until I got in the lounge and that knowing there I was able to save my butt and snag one of the last J seats on NRT-EWR.
Calm the worries..

Birthdays are only shown If it is on the day of travel, occurred yesterday, or will occur the day after the flight.
It will appear as Bday+1 for birthday tomorrow, Bday for birthday today, and Bday-1 for birthday yesterday .

To see a customers itinerary, you need to have an active live connection. At the moment, they can not rebook IRROPS. Once in the air, it uses cached data, onboard Wi-Fi doesn't work because company-issued devices are currently not able to bypass the customer pay firewall. But that will change in the future.

Last edited by schnitzer; Aug 20, 2015 at 9:49 am