FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SAS long haul routes?
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:18 am
Tango Alpha

Programs: SK-EBD
While I am happy with an extended SAS-network, I don’t like the schedules.

Why these early departures?

For a landing at 7 am on an eastbound flight I need to wake up before midnight at the time zone, I have left. I hate that. And it is a very loooong time, until you are allowed to go to bed. Going directly to work I will do only in emergencies.

ARN-LAX is a loose-loose.

One thing is to depart CPH at 7.20 (in my case), but the arrival day on destination is lost anyhow.

Worse is the return. Departure day is useless. You can do nothing but have late breakfast and then depart for airport at 11 am.

And the next day in Scandinavia is close to useless as well (OK, at least not arriving a 7 am....). Only if you have office close to ARN, you can do something meaningful except move your lawn. Domestic Sweden or OSL/CPH you will be home after 2 pm.

A departure around 6 pm (as LH/BA) means you can do something in California on the day of departure.

At least I understand the fleet utilizations behind (I think). As ARN-LAX is a full 24 rotation, it is probably connected to ARN-EWR.

But for the MIA-flights there seems to be no good reasons, maybe except connections. The rotation can be done by one A/C (although it will be CPH-MIA-OSL-MIA-CPH).

Anyway, if I need/want to go to Los Angeles, I will choose SK, despite the schedule