FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:24 am
Erasmus

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Fail.

IMHO this hotel should not be operating as a Sheraton at the moment, as they simply cannot provide what is expected of a full-service hotel. They should shutter for the few months it takes to get the renovation over. As a business hotel, I expect at a minimum: a quiet room, internet, and a gym. At the moment, the Park Lane had none of these--or at least didn't provide them to me.

Be aware that 1) there is constant construction. I had the misfortune of being assigned a room right at the end of the occupied rooms and adjacent to the construction. You can imagine what it sounded like. 2) I had a two-night stay. The internet was not functioning for all but 3 hours I spent in the room. 3) They have no gym, and send you to the Le Meridian Piccadilly. They claim it's a 5 minute walk; it took me 10, not counting the wait at the Le Meridian once I got there or the time required to pack up all my things to take across town to change.

And that's over and above the issues I was expecting: the common areas are a construction zone, there is only one functioning restaurant in the hotel, the rooms are extremely dated with furniture that looks straight out of the middle of the last century, no decent coffee in the morning (typical instant w/kettle in the room, no take-away outlet on the hotel grounds), etc., etc. Also, I did not receive the "free drink" certificate mentioned upthread FWIW.

Yes, the staff was quite friendly and accommodating. But to charge well north of 200 pounds a night and offer this up as a full-service Sheraton is false advertising. I look forward to seeing what the property is like once renovation is complete, but at the moment they should be charging 100 pounds/night and offering themselves up as a 3-star Four Points at best.

Last edited by Erasmus; Aug 20, 2015 at 1:30 am