FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:23 pm
ckx2

Programs: LH HON
Would be more than happy to get some suggestions.

Background information: I'll spend most of my time in Singapore in 2016. Work based travel will decline (currently doing HKG-DFW at least monthly). Therefore I'm more or less free to choose what I'm going to do next. I'd like to stay with OW as I quite like the network and carriers they are using - plus I refuse to fly one more time with United :P

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Award redemption / award access

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
Usually a steady 100-120k "BIS" - less segment orientated tho. 50% Business Class 50% Economy

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy? (First, Business, Premium economy, Economy, cheapest)
Business for work related travel, Cheapest for leisure travel

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
I'm free to choose whatever I want to fly with as long as it's reasonable (e.g not double or triple the price). Most of the travel will be work related within Southeast Asia and occasionally flights to Europe/US.

(5) Which routes and airlines do you fly most often?
SIN-HKG (CX)
HKG-DFW (AA)
SIN-NRT (JL)
SIN-CMB (UL)

(6) What is your home airport?
SIN

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
AA EXP with approx. 250k miles banked

(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
AA,CX,JL