FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Trip To Laos, Vietnam & Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:16 pm
DanielW

đàn ông.

After a great day in the Old Quarter, we met our driver back at the hotel then drove back to Noi Bai International Airport for our final flight of the day to Laos.

Grabbing a hot drink air-side. The 6:50pm flight was on a Lao Airlines (QV) ATR-72.

It was Rianda's first flight on anything with a propellor. I reassured her it was very safe, and that the last time a Lao Airlines ATR72 had crashed was almost 2 years ago.

Only a short ~1 hour flight but still got a small sandwich and drink.

And a short walk to the Terminal after arriving just before 8pm.

With my Laos visa on arrival for $30 plus $1 processing fee. Very easy and only took ~15-20 minutes to process.

We then caught a taxi for $7 to our accomodation in Old Luang Prabang, Villa Chitchareune. $99 for two nights including spa bath and breakfast. Very new, clean and great location!

We grabbed an umbrella and headed out to grab some dinner and settled on Tamnak Lao Restaurant on the main street (I took this photo later on day 2 and hence the dusk & lack of rain).

We were pretty exhausted so just ordered the set menu of Pork & Cucumber Soup, Luang Prabang Style Spicy Fish Casserole, Fried Chicken with Garlic and sticky rice. I managed to eat a super-spicy chilli in my casserole and literally gagged! We would learn tomorrow in our cooking class that the chilli is just for flavour and you're not supposed to eat it.

And finished with some very sweet and delicious Tamnak Lao Lime pie for dessert before heading back to the hotel after a very long first day!