FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RA new criteria now is under review
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:18 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Well you can question the enforceability of such "we can do anything we like" clauses especially in Europe but fundamentally these schemes exist to encourage customer loyalty and repeat purchases. So it would be a very stupid organisation which made huge changes to the scheme without giving reasonable notice considering the potential legal and commercial downsides.

Now as others have said IHG may well be that stupid but time will tell.
I am sure it is coming based on IHGs inadvertent adding text to t&c's on 10th July for a few hours and probably using those same published higher values

Trouble with a big increase to nights needed for RA status is the lack of a common start month so which ever month in a year is chosen to up the required nights for RA, choice will give some RAs much less notice than others, in some cases too little notice

many RAs participate in multiple hotel programs so just book about the known minimum of one part of the known circa 60/20 nights equation to obtain/renew RA.
No valid reason to make RAs 75nights due to now getting Spire with RA as we will all easily reach 75k points now the ridiculous 2k/stay is gone

This year I am one of those as only just hit my 20x IC nights over last weekend with RA my year ending 31st August, but also have 90 paid qual nights just in 2015 so if changed to 75/30 which I met in the past I would struggle this year. If changed mid July with my RA year ending August I'd simply have dropped my RA and used Hilton's more

this year it would have caused me issues on IC nights front, except I am lucky to be renewing right now for period Sep2015-Aug2016 before IHG announce the now expected change and hopefully my next 12months will be a more even mix of IC/IHG nights again