FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RA new criteria now is under review
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:58 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bemylast
Yesterday I emailed the Ambassador Customer Service to ask about when to renew my RA. The staff mentioned that IHG is now reviewing the new criteria in order to maintain or achieve the Royal Ambassador status.
I do believe the new criteria will be 75 nights - 30 nights at IC - 3 ICs.

Below is the original content from the email.

Warm greetings from the InterContinental Ambassador Service Center!

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that Royal Ambassadors will be evaluated for re-qualification during day before its actual expiry date. Please know that Royal Ambassador status will be reinstated if an existing member was able to meet the required criteria in maintaining the status. Otherwise, member will be given a Complimentary Ambassador status for one whole year.

On the other hand, since a new Elite Level was introduced by IHG Rewards Club, our corporate office is now reviewing the new criteria in order to maintain or achieve the Royal Ambassador status. Rest assured that once new criteria has been decided, it will be published on our website for member's reference.

We assure that once a member met the requirements, status will be automatically renewed for free and will be valid for another 12 months. You may contact our service center by last week of February 2016 to confirm if you will qualify for another year as Royal Ambassador.

Thank you Mr. Hong, and we hope this information have assisted in clarifying your query. Please let us know if you need further ssistance by sending us an e-mail to [email protected].
If they move the goalposts significantly they should give good advance warning or exceptional renewal at old levels on a one time basis. Anything else would be pretty rough.

I would assume that the old rules (60/20/3) stand until the new rules come into force in any event. I should meet the higher requirement anyway though.