FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using "Personal Cruise Consultant"
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:32 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How did this "personal cruise consultant" aka salesperson get your name and phone number? It doesn't matter whether she's unhappy about doing work and not getting the sale; IMO this was a very unprofessional comment to make. Plus, if there's a problem, will she be happy about spending her time to help resolve it? I'm not a cruiser, but to me, this conversation just seems inappropriate in many ways. I would never deal with a travel agent who behaved like this.
At HAL, and maybe other lines for that matter, everybody who ever sails with them is assigned to a PCC. They have all your information from a previous cruise or cruises and they'll often make "cold calls" either over the phone or through email. They also get HAL cruisers who do the "refer a friend" thing so there are a number of ways they can get a person's information. We started cruising with HAL in 1995 and even though we'd never booked through a PCC I'd get periodic phone calls, emails, or regular mailings from them. In 2011 we became disenchanted with HAL and have moved our cruising to another line. Took me a couple of tries but I finally got HAL to stop contacting me or sending me stuff.