FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting 18 Aug 2016:United Club Access (including members) Only w/ UA/*A Same-Day BP
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:41 am
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Just Incompetent

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Just got an email from UA. This is no issue for me, but still a fun thread to follow.
So did I, but the rules do not reflect UA Insider's response to this thread re redeyes:

"Dear (TRASH),
...blah, blah, blah...
To maintain and further improve the United Club experience, we're announcing the following change to our program:

Effective August 18, 2016, a same-day boarding pass for all United Club customers, including members, will be required for United Club access...blah, blah, blah...
<Learn more›"

When you click on "Learn more" you get (among other things):

"Access policy changes
As of August 18, 2016, all United Club customers, including members, are eligible to access United Club locations only with a same-day boarding pass. (and then clicking on "See the complete United Club terms and conditions"), you get:

"Effective August 18, 2016, all United Club customers, including members, are eligible to access United Club locations only when they have a flight departure the same day, and must show a boarding pass for entry."

How UNAMIBIGUOUS is that???????? There are none of the exceptions UA Insider suggested. UA Insider is responding to this board but the newly available published rules contradict what he is saying. I can see myself going into a Club after a redeye and a receptionist waives UA's published rules in my face. Am I supposed to say "But UA Insider said something different..."?

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Aug 18, 2015 at 10:05 am