FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MRs into Sol Melia free night gift voucher
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:34 pm
camille55

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Been royally screwed on this. Got charged the notional rate charge as well as the vouchers!

These damned Amex-Melia vouchers are so little used that few are aware of them at the reservations centre, never mind the hotel. It's hard to argue with a receptionist who has only basic English skills. They did phone reservations but must have got a muppet that simply said that the rate shown in the reservation must be paid.

I'm taking it up with an email to Melia. If that fails I'll complain to Amex, but I imagine that their response will be that it's nothing to do with them.

Suspect that I'll be a loser on this.
Why would you be a loser kryten? just raise it with Amex.
As I understand, you used your UK MRs to transfer into melia for stay vouchers. Unless you specifically booked a room that was outside the regular category for the room type for which the voucher is used.....then you're ok I think?

I was looking into redeeming MR in the same way and was interested to know whether status benefits accrued to such bookings ( just got melia plat by virtue of my UK cent recently) hence the query.