FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baby Pat Down - File Complaint?
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:57 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
This is apparently SOP for TSA, at least at some airports. Perhaps GSOLTSO could let us know if it is SOP at GSO - or not - that information is probably SSI.

From other (non-SSI) reports, if a parent traveling with an infant refuses to open containers for testing, the response is a full grope of a member of the traveling party. The accounts I've read usually involve two parents + kids, so one parent takes care of the kid(s) while the other one submits to the grope. Whoever developed this policy never traveled any distance with young children.

If there's only a parent and an infant and there's no safe place to store the infant, then I guess you both get the grope. Otherwise, while you're being groped, you could supposedly transfer your contraband to the baby without the groper or any of the other TSOs, LTSOs, STSOs, and BDOs standing around noticing anything.

That said, you're not allowed to respond in kind to these people. Doing so gives them complete justification for any kind of punitive retaliation. Their game, their rules.

I wonder what happens in this situation if the gender of the child and the gender of the parent are not the same? Is a male TSO allowed to stick his hands in a baby girl's diaper? We have seen female TSOs groping young (school age) boys.