FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber in Boston
Thread: Uber in Boston
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:19 am
wds17

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Analise
Interesting, he said there were two routes to BOS — the express route or the local roads which he said were fine before 6am. I said that I wanted to take the express route which was 90 East. If the local route took longer, would the driver have made more money? Just curious. I stayed at the Westin Copley Place — he picked me up at 10 Huntington Ave.
I am glad this worked out for you! When Lyft first started in Boston early morning hours might have been tough but there are a lot more drivers now.

Regarding the route: from the Westin, there are really three ways he could have gone. It sounds like he took you through Back Bay and the South End and onto the HOV entrance to the Ted Williams Tunnel (Route 90 East) - which at that hour is the quickest and most direct. Alternately, he could have taken Storrow Drive, through Leverett Circle, into 93 South, to the Callahan Tunnel, a slightly shorter route mileage-wise but only by a hair and not as quick. Lastly, if traffic was horrendous, a third option would be to take the Mass Pike on-ramp under the Westin, headed West, and slingshot back East at the Allston-Brighton toll plaza. At 11 miles it would cost more, but some days is actually quicker than being stuck on the former options.