FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Linens / presentation debate for meal service on AA, US / both
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:35 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
<redacted>

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Generally speaking, yes. This is one point where I am fully behind the PMAA crowd. I've taken a look at many of the pre-9/1/14 meals. AA's food wasn't gourmet and certainly not 5 star. But the small little things that AA did to enhance the appearance, such as pre-set linens, the fancy napkin holder, real salt and pepper shakers, dressing in ramekins, etc etc went a long way towards enhancing the perceived quality of the meal. In this case the sum of the parts. This is something Hector and the current team don't really seem to understand.
Yes, exactly. I don't expect to see catering I would see in F or J on EK, QR, CX, JL, etc. In fact, I don't even expect to see catering from W class on many of the airlines which offer it. What I do expect is to be offered a domestic F product which at least looks the part. AA's pre-merger meals at least gave the customer the illusion of domestic F, and most times were decently palatable and filling as well. That was a winning combo in the domestic market.

It's also very disappointing when the meals are dressed up for press day and then really don't appear much like that at all onboard in terms of presentation. Clearly they know that's the way it should look, but don't have any real intention of ensuring that product ever makes it to the customer.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 19, 2015 at 9:47 pm Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content and reply to same