FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex-Mainland Europe Travel Planning Guide
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:02 pm
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Hmmm, just back from DUS. It wasn't back-to-back as such, as I popped into town for a couple of beers, but it was lucky it wasn't...

Remote gate inbound from LHR (and outbound, but to LCY, so that was expected), it wasn't the first flight on a sunday, the usual BA gates were vacant, so no idea why. But, worst of all, the bus decants you halfway down the C terminal (under the bowels of an EK A380, in fact). Get your timing wrong, and you could land behind that, or any number of flights from Turkey or the Gulf, and your hopes of a quick turnaround would be dashed. Saw no evidence of airside transfers either - you'd have to go landside and walk to the other end of the next terminal; no fast track security either

Anyway, no chance of being 5 mins. At a clip, with no queues, you might do it in 25-30. Land after an A380 and it's anyone's guess how long you'd take...

Does anyone know if this is just a Sunday thing? For my return flight in a couple of months, I'm thinking of leaving a couple of hours' buffer, just in case...