FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lanpass v. AA Advantage
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:00 am
MfromL

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by zpaul
Good points made above, but the one kicker for me is that AA actually tries to provide good service on the ground. LAN couldn't care less (in Chile and in MIA, from what I've seen. I've heard LIM is a different world in terms of service). LAN is great until IRROPS.
You are right, I've just ended a LIM-GRU segment with LAN (was a ticket I got with kms) and the service wasn't as good as the AA GRU-DFW-ORD after that.

1. I was travelling with the lady in the first flight and since I'm a lowly ruby I couldn't get the business checkin (or I could, but not the lady). I was overweight in the luggage and they didn't do anything to help (technically was my fault). On the bright side, I got upgraded to business because there were not many people requesting upgs.

2. On GRU AA staff directed me (and lady) to the first class checkin bc they didn't had the business class counters up that day. They didn't even checked the weights (or didn't care). My boarding pass had zone 2 printed but I flashed my ruby card and the gate agents let us board before they called zone 1 (also at DFW). And apparently due to my status the checkin agent changed my fare class from N to Y (as per my AAAdvantage statement yesterday) and that has allowed me to qualify to gold ahead of time (I have a ORD-MSP that was going to take care of that) in a status challenged I requested a few weeks ago.

It's going to be sad leaving Lanpass but the quality of the service does make the difference.