FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed with lack of pre-departure beverage (PDB) & other experiences
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:25 pm
bullfrog

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PTahCha
There are certain jurisdictions where alcohol may be limited or not allowed on the ground, based on the local law.
IIRC on a recent flight ex-AMS they had PDB wine but not liquor; FA told me that they have to keep the cart locked until departure or they have to pay duty on it. Makes sense to me and I have no problem with that.

Never have been denied an alcoholic PDB (when PDBs offered) in the USA.

No-PDB flights have been the definite exception for me. I was on an ex-BOS flight recently and the FAs announced that it would be a "short taxi" and so no time for PDB. Indeed it was a very short taxi but if they'd really cared they could have squeezed it in by serving during boarding.

I think I've had one other flight this year with no PDB.

I have noticed an increasing number of flights where I don't get anything to drink until the meal is served. In the past I recall it being PDB, then beverage + nuts, then meal and another beverage. Lately I've been getting only PDB and then beverage with meal. Also seems to be a lot longer after takeoff before the nuts are served. Don't know if this is a new policy or just something happening.