FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting 18 Aug 2016:United Club Access (including members) Only w/ UA/*A Same-Day BP
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:58 pm
stopdiabetes

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Originally Posted by Annandaler
That sign was posted in the IAD United Clubs late yesterday afternoon. Seems poorly worded too since 99.99% of the folks who might want to get into the UC have boarding passes - do they mean to restrict it to *A boarding passes? Agents working there (some I know for many years) indicate that this is a result of all the Chase passes being used (and widely available on eBay and craigslist).

Like a previous poster, I am a lifetime member, and will be very unhappy with this change. Would love to hear something from the UA lurker here. Will current members be grandfathered into the old policy? How about lifetime members?
For those of us who've been Lifetime Presidents Club members since the mid 80s, we lived through the attempt to charge for drinks (CO relented and sent us Black Club cards, which meant free drinks as always, after complaints by members who were promised free drinks), this will be a new one. The invitation for the lifetime card was that you got admission regardless of whether you were flying CO. So I rather doubt that UA will attempt to devalue a Lifetime Card issued so long ago. FT people should monitor this.