FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Caller ID Spoof?
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:17 am
Boogie711

Programs: UA 1K
Caller ID Spoof?

Here's an odd one... I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but if anyone out there would know it's you guys.

Obviously, like all of us, I travel. I route 95% of my calls to a VOIP number which follows me around - it rings my cell, my desk, and if necessary, a local SIM all simultaneously.

I can receive SMS messages on my VOIP number, so that helps when people text me even if I'm using a local SIM in South Africa, or the Philippines or wherever.

What I'd love to have is a "Caller ID spoof." When I'm on a different SIM and call someone back, I don't want them calling me back on that number. Or catching the clients who get used to calling my North American cellular number (because that's where I am 90% of the time anyway) when I have a local SIM in.

My thought was - it would be great to truly have a 'master number.' That master number can be used as my Caller ID, receive texts, send texts from that number, etc, no matter what number I'm 'really' using.

I know there are some software apps that allow you to place individual VOIP calls from a program on my phone where I can uniquely set the caller ID for each call, but I'm looking for something much more substantive.

Any thoughts?