FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Erroneously charged for second checked luggage - who to contact?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:51 am
SDQBound

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
That is conflicting with views of irisguy28.
We are specifically discussing the rules of AF Mini fares. Irishguy28 version is that if you travel on a Mini fare (0 bag free) then you can credit your status for the first bag (free) and you must pay for the second bag, at the high rate for second bag. Everyone agrees that the OP should be paying only for one extra bag when checking two bags as FBG. The question is whether the rate charged should be that of a first extra bag or that of a second extra bag, which is much higher.
In the case of the OP, I suspect that she did not show a printed copy of the extra bag receipt, so was not even credited for the 15 paid. Am I wrong?

Could someone knowledgeable about the Mini/Hop rules confirm?
And I would not contest the charge with the cc company. She clearly signed the credit card receipt, so your contest is with AF.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You (and Irishguy28) are correct. This is indeed the rule.
Didn't know irisguy28 was referring specifically to the Mini Fares but now understood the point. In that case, yes, the rules are that if you have the first bag for free, the second one is paid at the normal price of a second checked bag.