FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Leaving Marriott Jan 31 2024] W Istanbul, Turkey [Master Thread]
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:11 pm
CandymanJim

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I wasn't a huge fan. Loft style suites and a poor location. Very far to walk anywhere and up a hill is the straightest way. Personally I wouldn't do Starwood in Istanbul, I'd choose an alternate chain.

I definitely disagree with your appreciation of the location. I found myself all over Istanbul and walking was a big pain from this locale. And I didn't find much in the area in the way of restaurants although there is some small local food somewhat nearby (although still not close)

The cabanas are nice - but not terribly private. They all are on the same area so you sort of share it the open space with others. But the Suites are huge loft style suites so just one huge room with a big bathroom without much privacy. I guess if I had to choose again, I'd choose the cabanas... assuming the weather isn't boiling hot. No way you can sit out there in summer.

Personally, I'd steer clear of Starwood properties in Istanbul. Locales are poor and this W is pricey and not in a great area (it's not terrible, there is just much better).

Thank you very much for the heads up. I should have looked at other hotels. There are many other 5* in better areas for A LOT less, including free breakfasts. I cancelled my W and made reservations in a better Boutique hotel better location, for a lot less.