FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delhi/Agra questions for short visit
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:56 pm
FindAWay

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Keyser and yrs - Thank you for your suggestions. I will look for a great guide in Agra - if you have any suggestions let me know. I am still not sure whether to stay in Delhi or Agra.
When we visited Agra (arrived by train) in 2013, we used the following driver who provides a guide (who recently emailed me that he made the following website): http://usmanitours.wix.com/usmanitajtours

The driver/guide team was reliable and very friendly.

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
I like the suggestions for hotels near the Taj. If we decide to stay in Delhi do either of you have recommendations there for someplace that is in a good, safe walking area where we could walk to sites of interest?
In Delhi, we stayed and the Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place. It was definitely a good hotel in a safe walking area. However, the only sight nearby is Connaught Place.

We stayed in the Radisson Blu in Agra, which I liked and it felt safe inside the gate and it was close to the Taj (with a shuttle IIRC). However, it did not really feel save outside of the hotel at night.