FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade Experiences MASTER THREAD (WIKI)
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:49 pm
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
1. Name and location of hotel
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2. Suite type
http://grandcypress.hyatt.com/en/hotel/rooms/suite.html
2x VIP Suite. Originally booked 2x Exec Suites with 2x DSU and upon arrival, they had upgrade 1 room to VIP but did the second so that we could be on the same floor (across the hall). And their suites allow you to choose either King bed or 2 doubles. We booked both suites with the 2 doubles. Note that you can purchase both rooms if you want and make it a 2-bedroom suite.
3. # of Sq Ft
Additional 629 sq feet over the standard room of 360 sq ft. (By comparison Exec suite is an additional 360 sq feet.
4. # of Bedrooms (Studio/Jr/1/2) and # of Bathrooms (1/1.5/2)
1 bedroom. 2 bathrooms. (1 bathroom was shower only)
5. Were you happy with the upgrade? What grade would you give it (A/B/C/D/F)
Very very happy with this upgrade. I would give it an A+. The ONLY minor complaint I had was that it wasn't on the side with the pool view and Disney view. But given that it was a free upgrade, that's not even a complaint. This was my first DSU used since being a Diamond and I would have to say that they ruined it for the rest of the Hyatts LOL.
6. Any other info (location/view/relative price vs normal rooms/etc) and pics if you want
We were traveling with 12 people (6 kids, 6 adults) total between the 2 suites so having that additional space in the living room was amazing! We had extra cabinets to put away food items (snacks and stuff for the theme parks) and lots of counter space for sandwich prep, laying out the food e.g. boxes of pizza, and sitting the kids to eat. Not to mention that it included a separate wine fridge. This was great for keeping the "adult" beverages cold w/o using any of the much needed fridge space. I paid $120/night for the room after Hyatt BRG. This room was going for about $535/night during that week.

Pictures - Select VIP Suite Double:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...da.html#photos

Last edited by cdancer20; Oct 19, 2015 at 2:22 pm