FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:27 pm
mrboom

Programs: DL Diamond and MM, UA 1K, Marriott LTT
Today on an IND to ATL flight there was a DM traveling with his two children with a carry on that clearly did not fit in the size checker.

The GA made an announcement to come up and check to make sure all carry on bags fit into the size checker. The guy did not move.

She made another announcement. Again he did not move.

She then called him up directly. She told him to put it in the checker. He said it clearly does not fit and he was going to ask the FA to store it in the closet.

GA throws a fit telling him he has to check it and then calls a red coat. He states that it is art and it cannot be checked. She makes the DM wait while everyone else boards.

Red coat arrives. Realizes he is DM. Apologizes for the rude GA, but prints a checked bag tag and then walks him down to the plane. Explains the situation to the FA. FA states no problem. Art goes into the closet and DM takes his seat.

The DM was me and I have never seen one GA throw such a fit while the rest of the staff were spot on with the CS that I have come to appreciate.

So I had to pull my own DYKWIA today.