FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UNITED, 940,000 MILES and counting
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:32 am
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by wise2u
not if he's trying to get to Hawaii....every business class award I can find for the next year (from DFW) has "mixed cabin" with the long segment only available in coach...I refuse to believe that all the first class seats to Hawaii are sold a year in advance....it's just UA making your points useless for that particular award....cant wait to go to Europe and finally burn some of these horribly useless points...I have had over 150k for a few years and cant find a good use for them, even with their hub so close award routings are always unavailable, overnight connections, 2+ stops with the worst choices of any of the major airlines....do you have to have status to get a decent award route?
Sadly, this has been the case since almost forever with (pm)UA, and not just for the premium cabins. At the beginning of the Mileage Plus program, it wasn't so, but immediately, HNL etc. were the highest demand award travel. First, they increased the RDM requirement, then they added availability restrictions. An early frequent flyer Pogo situation. Alas.