FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change flight to evening before ticketed
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:26 am
trekker954

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Change flight to evening before ticketed

I think I know the answer but what other options do I have.

I am on a personal flight home @ 5 a.m. SEA-FLL-via DFW arriving back at 4:06 pm on a Tues. O fare - r/t ticket was a tad over $300. This was more or less a mileage run.

Just found out I have a work trip I can do in LA Tues - Friday. (would love those extra miles). Would need to fly out Tuesday

I would love to take the direct Mon 11 pm red eye SEA-MIA home and just turn around and reboard (think miles; here no being of sound mind). Even though just 6 hours prior to my ticketed flight, I do not believe they would consider that same day, correct? And will want to charge me, regardless of status, $200 + change of ticket price which is much higher. Correct? Not the $75. So that seems out of the question. There isn't an issue changing a destination from FLL to MIA, correct?

Other Options:
If I abandon my return to FLL - how is that viewed by AA? Because obviously I can have my work ticket from SEA-LAX and then LAX - MIA. or even fly one portion of my personal trip SEA-DFW (then abandon the DFW-FLL portion), turn around in DFW back to LAX on my work ticket. There are no flts from FLL-LAX, so even if I flew my pesonal ticket back on Tues, I'd had to then get a taxi to MIA to fly to LAX, sounds exhausting.

Will AA even allow overlapping tickets? Or will they cancel one or both.

I'm not trying to circumvent AA policies, I would really like to go on this work trip without really affecting my personal travel too much. Ideally be able to keep the two travels separate.