FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laundry while travelling - Portable drying rack?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:01 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by radnub

I cleaned stuff in the sink all the time and used a towel rack or the shower rack (if available) for drying. Usually for t-shirts I would use hangers. Even in the hostels I've stayed at there are usually a couple of hangers available.

One tip is to take a towel and roll up your laundry individually and ring out as much water as you can before hanging. I found this absorbed a bit more water than just doing it by hand!
All good tips that I've used too! And if the room has some of those pants hangers with the clips, those are handy for not only pants but anything else oddly sized that wouldn't do on regular hangers. The portable clothesline or your own string work too.

Packing items that dry quicker helps a lot. If I have an item that needs more drying time (or I'm pressed for time), judicious use of an iron sort of helps to "steam out" some excess water to decrease hang drying times.

I've actually had fairly good luck finding good hotels with guest coin laundries inside. I couldn't quote the exact prices offhand but, I can't say the prices were anything more than the "chump change" range per load. Might check around your destinations to see.