FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laundry while travelling - Portable drying rack?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:29 pm
iceblueshoes

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Question Laundry while travelling - Portable drying rack?

Greetings all!

As I'm getting ready to plan a trip, I'm trying to think of ways to reduce clothing and such and was thinking that if able to do laundry that, it's an easy way to reduce the amount of things I'd have to bring.

I'm sure like most people here, no one wants to sit at a laundromat waiting for something to wash AND dry. Now short of paying a hotel to do it for me (which means it'll quickly eat up my budget money) there are few options a traveller has. Especially if it's something like a food stain.

Now I'm thinking washing can be done in a sink easily enough, but what about drying? Depending on the chair you can really only hang up an item or 2, short of socks and undies.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a portable drying rack? My thought would be to wash something and then leave it drying overnight and on the next day while I'm out exploring the city, but am not having much luck finding anything!

Thanks in advance!