FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWA-Infant BC Exemption?
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:01 pm
UNGGOY

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
Well within reason to be concerned? Yes, perhaps. I agree that their web site sounds very adamant about a BC vs other documentation (although I don't believe that isn't the case at the end of the day). So reason for concern? Sure. However, his (her?) unwillingness to do any or all of the things that could avoid the potential for issues (not that I believe there will actually BE issues...), such as:
1. Buy the child a ticket which clearly on the SW website exempts the child from any age verification whatsoever.
2. Fly with someone who doesn't have these requirements.
3. Obtain a BC.

Flying off the handle at others on this board and declaring how "illegal" this is of southwest, etc. because you don't like the alternatives available is ridiculous.

Next up: Another "The airline kicked me and my toddler off the plane" manufactured outrage headline when (again) the passenger is in the wrong, not the airline.
What am I not willing to do? It is comments like yours that are rude and frustrating. The things you listed are not options for me. As I have said many times.

1. Costs money. We do not have money. In fact, thanks to a Nigerian fraud, we will be homeless for the next week, somehow running around with everything we own, on foot, doing business, and waiting for our connecting flight.
2. No refunds. No way to get my money back and book elsewhere. Impossible to book a flight for 5 people, 6 crates, and 6 bags for $350 in 2 days. Unless you know an option for us?
3. Impossible. Been waiting more than 1.5 years for mine, for the State I was born in the same as my one son. The other I cannot even apply for, as there is no consulate in this state.

You claim I have an "unwillingness" to do any of these seemingly impossible things. Yet, you do not give ANY advice about the secrets to how one may accomplish them!